Five Models of Business
Some time ago, a friend of mine suggested that all businesses could be boiled down to 5 types associated with certain illicit activities:
- drugs - processing raw material into a refined, usable form
- pornography - content created once and distributed through low margin media
- prostitution - hourly labor
- pimping - providing access to aggregated valued services or products
- religion - selling promises about something the purveyor cannot actually deliver
It puts a new spin on business, doesn't it?
I wonder, though, if this "catalog" is complete. Are there other categories that could be added? What about moving things from one place to another? Waste disposal?